what now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msu08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like far too many, I've had several interviews and still no luck. I'm still waiting to hear back about 1. Additionally, I REALLY want an interview at UDM, retook my DAT for them and received the scores they've asked for. For UDM and other schools where my app is "on hold" what do i do? Just wait? I'd pretty much do ANYTHING for an interview at UDM and at this point, I feel like the only thing I can do is call the admissions office. I call to make sure items I sent our received, however, I feel that some people call a lot more often than I do(although I'm not sure what else you could call about???) what do other people call about? I'm a reapplicant, and this is pretty much my last chance, anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what I should be doing in between now and april when all the rejections come? I'm really desperate at this point. Is there anything else I can do besides wait??

Members don't see this ad.

Like far too many, I've had several interviews and still no luck. I'm still waiting to hear back about 1. Additionally, I REALLY want an interview at UDM, retook my DAT for them and received the scores they've asked for. For UDM and other schools where my app is "on hold" what do i do? Just wait? I'd pretty much do ANYTHING for an interview at UDM and at this point, I feel like the only thing I can do is call the admissions office. I call to make sure items I sent our received, however, I feel that some people call a lot more often than I do(although I'm not sure what else you could call about???) what do other people call about? I'm a reapplicant, and this is pretty much my last chance, anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what I should be doing in between now and april when all the rejections come? I'm really desperate at this point. Is there anything else I can do besides wait??

hey man, did you also go to state? I'm sorta in the same boat as you. I haven't gotten an interview invite from UDM either. I would just keep on updating the schools as to what you are doing (i.e. taking more classes, assisting, shadowing, job, etc). Other than that, I don't think there is much to do but wait. Good luck to you!

If GPA is an issue, do an SMP and reapply if you don't get in this year. Sounds like DAT is fine, but it came late which is an issue, but it won't be one next year. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would just keep on updating the schools as to what you are doing (i.e. taking more classes, assisting, shadowing, job, etc).

how exactly do you do that? do you call, or email or write a letter?

don't stress too much yet. udm didn't start interviewing until mid-november, and when I was there they told me they were interviewing until June because they got such a late start.

I just declined my interview there so hopefully one comes your way :thumbup: