What number did you get on your ROL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What # did you get on your ROL?

Votes: 55 36.4%

Votes: 26 17.2%

Votes: 17 11.3%

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • 5 or greater

Votes: 40 26.5%

• Total voters

han14tra

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. I realize that you can't really extrapolate data from this because if you rank Vandy #1, it's much more likely that you'll go further down on your ROL. But, if you rank a less well known program #1, you'll likely get it. I just want to see how everyone did.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious. I realize that you can't really extrapolate data from this because if you rank Vandy #1, it's much more likely that you'll go further down on your ROL. But, if you rank a less well known program #1, you'll likely get it. I just want to see how everyone did.

How did you do?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my #2. From looking at my #1's class, it seems they wanted really strong research oriented people (I knew almost everyone they picked). That's not me. But, I'm so happy with my #2. It literally took me weeks to decide between #1 and #2. It was so close. Looking at the other people in my class, I think it's going to be an even better fit :love:

So are we allowed to know which program(s) didn't fill yet? Just curious.

I ended up at my number 2, but truthfully... my number 1 was mostly because of family. I LOVE the program I matched to and couldn't be happier :) The match really does work out exactly as it's supposed to

I saw 1 spot unfilled at Hackensack (which is pretty good--I heard they didn't really interview a lot of people for 12 spots) and 1 at Sparrow SACM track which I'm not sure what that is. I might've overlooked the last one.

Im just curious. Any clue where the results are?

I saw 1 spot unfilled at Hackensack (which is pretty good--I heard they didn't really interview a lot of people for 12 spots) and 1 at Sparrow SACM track which I'm not sure what that is. I might've overlooked the last one.

Ya I was trying to figure this out as well. Last I heard was Hackensack planned to interview <80 applicants because their approval came so late.
So which is the 3rd program??

Last edited:
Yeah this was weird to me too, so I looked into it and it's an international spot (I believe funded by the Saudi government). The other spot was also an international spot at Baystate--you can see it by going to the "My reports" page and looking at " Match Outcome for All Programs by State 2013."

So in reality there was really only 1 open SOAP spot available to US grads this year.

To not totally deter the OP's thread, I'm thrilled where I matched (and I did your poll).

Last edited:
Yeah this was weird to me too, so I looked into it and it's an international spot (I believe funded by the Saudi government). The other spot was also an international spot at Baystate--you can see it by going to the "My reports" page and looking at " Match Outcome for All Programs by State 2013."

So in reality there was really only 1 open SOAP spot available to US grads this year.

Ya ill have to look again, I must have missed that when I read over the report.
Wow only 1 spot. Congrats again to all who matched!

Ya I was trying to figure this out as well. Last I heard was Hackensack planned to interview <80 applicants because there approval came so late.
So which is the 3rd program??

Baystate in Springfield, Mass, if I read the list correctly. The one open spot is listed as "EM / International." Given that their PGY-1 class has 13 residents, with one from Saudi Arabia, I assume this is their name for their SACM spot.

SACM is "Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission," which is to say (if I understood one place where I interviewed that had a spot like this) that the Saudi government pays for the residency spot with the understanding that a doc from that country gets it.

(http://www.sacm.org/MedicalUnit/residency.aspx in case you think I'm making this up.)

Before everybody went "all-in," I assume these spots were filled outside the match. Listing them separately allows the program to submit a separate rank list just of those Saudi docs.

Baystate in Springfield, Mass, if I read the list correctly. The one open spot is listed as "EM / International." Given that their PGY-1 class has 13 residents, with one from Saudi Arabia, I assume this is their name for their SACM spot.

SACM is "Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission," which is to say (if I understood one place where I interviewed that had a spot like this) that the Saudi government pays for the residency spot with the understanding that a doc from that country gets it.

(http://www.sacm.org/MedicalUnit/residency.aspx in case you think I'm making this up.)

Before everybody went "all-in," I assume these spots were filled outside the match. Listing them separately allows the program to submit a separate rank list just of those Saudi docs.

I'm at Baystate and this is basically what happened. Our 12 ACGME spots filled no problem. In the end we decided not to take a person in the Saudi match but NRMP had our program list the spot anyway, so it's listed that we had a spot open but in reality we filled.

So in in the end, there was only 1 SOAP spot in the country.