What order should I use my practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thawunandonly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT once before, and I took the Kaplan course and used their practice materials so I'm confident in using CBT format and all the functions, for the most part. I have practice tests leftover that I intend to use for my retake, and was wondering which order would be more efficient?

AAMC tests 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 (I used 5 and 6 already) on PAPER
Kaplan free CBT
The Princeton Review free CBT
Gold Standard free CBT

Also, if there's any more free resources, let me know...

The AAMC tests will have to be on paper because they were included with my Kaplan course, and the only access I have to them (that I know of...) was paper. I printed them out after access expired.

Members don't see this ad.

how do you get access to kaplan CBT while being shut out of their system for the AAMCs? i would personally probably use kaplans first then move on to the aamcs; no experience with the gold standard

Wait what? I have access to the free Kaplan CBT (just the free one), which is basically independent of the course that I took with them. The latter closed.

I took the MCAT once before, and I took the Kaplan course and used their practice materials so I'm confident in using CBT format and all the functions, for the most part. I have practice tests leftover that I intend to use for my retake, and was wondering which order would be more efficient?

AAMC tests 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 (I used 5 and 6 already) on PAPER
Kaplan free CBT
The Princeton Review free CBT
Gold Standard free CBT

Also, if there's any more free resources, let me know...

The AAMC tests will have to be on paper because they were included with my Kaplan course, and the only access I have to them (that I know of...) was paper. I printed them out after access expired.

Based on SN2ed's practice test list I would do:

1st. Kaplan
2nd. TPR
3rd. AAMC 3-4
4th. GS
5th. AAMC 7-10

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. That's what I was originally thinking, but was simply wondering if the fact that my AAMC tests are paper, it would be less desirable than taking the CBT ones before the test...

Thanks. That's what I was originally thinking, but was simply wondering if the fact that my AAMC tests are paper, it would be less desirable than taking the CBT ones before the test...

SN2ed has said before that 3-6 are ok on paper, but 7-10 should be taken last and as CBTs.

Oh...

well I don't really have that option of taking them as CBTs anymore. If it helps again, I have practice using the formatting already and it's nothing complicated, but if it's strongly advised to sacrifice the content for getting used to the computer, then...