What (other) courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ATB Pre Med

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Other than the basic required courses,
• General Biology - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• General Chemistry - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• Organic Chemistry - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• General Physics - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• College English - 2 Semesters
• College Math - 2 Semesters
What other courses could i take as a undergrad?
 
If I had know that I would be doing med school as a freshmen, I would have definitely taken more or earlier classes in immunology, physiology, anatomy, and statistics.

and more non-academic classes because you won't get much more chances to do so.
 
Other than the basic required courses,
• General Biology - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• General Chemistry - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• Organic Chemistry - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• General Physics - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• College English - 2 Semesters
• College Math - 2 Semesters
What other courses could i take as a undergrad?

You mean in your entire college career what else could you take? There are hundreds. Get a hold of your colleges course handbook and look through. Take whatever you are intersted in.......religious studies, sociology, history, music, etc. etc. Try and only take courses you are interested in (with the exception of the ones med schools make you take, which you just listed)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Besides upper level science courses, most of which were required for my major, I took 2 English classes, viz. Chaucer and Milton, Medieval History, Ancient Greek, Korean, some Psych classes, music theory (I play an instrument), and chose Religion as my minor. These classes weren't necessary easy, but I took them because they were subjects I was interested in. If something interests you, take it.
 
Other than the basic required courses,
• General Biology - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• General Chemistry - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• Organic Chemistry - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• General Physics - 2 Semesters (with labs)
• College English - 2 Semesters
• College Math - 2 Semesters
What other courses could i take as a undergrad?


The single course that helped me the most was Critical Reading and Writing. I felt that I totally understood why writers present information in the manner that they do the presentation after this course. I also learned to recognize good and effective writing when I encounter it. Needless to say, it helped on the MCAT verbal and writing sample.