What post-bacc program to choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acej

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of finishing up my undergrad in exactly a week from today. But I've already started the application process in order to start a post-bacc program for this upcoming fall. Due to my laziness I lost out on the opportunity to apply to Scripps and BM which I feel like **** about :mad:. Two competitive programs with the track record to prove it.

But, I applied to a few other programs and I'm wondering which program would be a better choice in terms of prestige, matriculation rate, great advisement, MCAT prep and competitiveness of the program.

So far I applied to and waiting to hear back from..

NYU
University of Miami
Brandeis
Goucher
University of Vermont
Bennington
Columbia
Harvard (accepted)

I'm leaning towards the HCP program and Goucher but I can't find anymore information on the other schools. Can you guys help a brother out with his choice?

Members don't see this ad.

I would probably not sweat about the decision making process, until you get accepted into the various programs. It seems useless to decide on a program right now, if you havent got accepted yet. Just relax for now until you get word from the schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goucher's program is just as prestigious as those of Scripps and BM. These 3 schools are considered the "cream of the crop", so to speak (although I'm not in anyway disregarding the value of the other programs listed).

That being said (and I can't speak for all of the programs), I'm pretty sure that Goucher is not reviewing applicants anymore (or at least not applicants that they have not already interviewed). The program officially starts in less than a month, and if you haven't been interviewed yet, chances are that you won't be entering the current class.

I've been in contact with them via email for the past month and it seems like they are accepting students on a rolling basis.

So laziness is the only reason you waited till months after the deadline? That can't possibly be true -- no one is that self-destructive.

If that's the case, I'd just cut your losses, freshen up, and start applying again this October, when applications are once again being accepted. Applying early gives you a better chance anyway.

Goucher is on par with Bryn Mawr and Scripps, no question about that. Seeing as the program starts in like 3 weeks, I can't believe they're still accepting people -- such a competitive program must be filled by now.