1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

What post-bacc program to choose?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by acej, May 8, 2008.

1. acej

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm currently in the process of finishing up my undergrad in exactly a week from today. But I've already started the application process in order to start a post-bacc program for this upcoming fall. Due to my laziness I lost out on the opportunity to apply to Scripps and BM which I feel like **** about :mad:. Two competitive programs with the track record to prove it.

But, I applied to a few other programs and I'm wondering which program would be a better choice in terms of prestige, matriculation rate, great advisement, MCAT prep and competitiveness of the program.

So far I applied to and waiting to hear back from..

NYU
    University of Miami
    Brandeis
    Goucher
    University of Vermont
    Bennington
    Columbia
    Harvard (accepted)

I'm leaning towards the HCP program and Goucher but I can't find anymore information on the other schools. Can you guys help a brother out with his choice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. akwizeguy

akwizeguy Jedi Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would probably not sweat about the decision making process, until you get accepted into the various programs. It seems useless to decide on a program right now, if you havent got accepted yet. Just relax for now until you get word from the schools.

4. runner1323

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  5. acej

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

I've been in contact with them via email for the past month and it seems like they are accepting students on a rolling basis.

6. runner1323

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  7. NewmansOwn

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So laziness is the only reason you waited till months after the deadline? That can't possibly be true -- no one is that self-destructive.

If that's the case, I'd just cut your losses, freshen up, and start applying again this October, when applications are once again being accepted. Applying early gives you a better chance anyway.

Goucher is on par with Bryn Mawr and Scripps, no question about that. Seeing as the program starts in like 3 weeks, I can't believe they're still accepting people -- such a competitive program must be filled by now.