What Postbacc is for me?

Started by JJMarkar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

J

JJMarkar

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey SDN.

I am currently a Senior at a UC, majoring in molecular, cell, and developmental biology. I transferred, and my cGPA right now is about a 3.38, split between a 3.57 at CC and a 3.0 at the UC. UC GPA will be increasing as this year finishes off, but I am very serious about taking a Postbacc/SMP/master's following graduation. My question is, I have good LOR's, good volunteering/ECs, but I know I am lacking in the numerical end. I want to bump up my GPA a bit and make myself a little more competitive. I am willing to move out of California, wherever it may be. DO school is interesting to me, but I do not have that much prior knowledge about it.

I am looking for a program that will help me build a better foundation for the application process. I HAVE NOT taken the MCAT, but I have studied for the GRE and I am willing to take it if needed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I ask because I am somewhat stuck/confused as to what to do in regards to making myself more competitive and busy before applying next year.

Best,
JJMarkar