What postbacc programs to apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chad12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.44cgpa and a 3.4sgpa with a very strong upward trend. I have a pretty high mcat(510+). Was wondering what postbacc to apply to. I think with my stats I’m competitive for basically any of them so I want to do the one with the highest linkage chances. Are there any I can still apply to right now and get in for this fall? I just want to be in a allopathic medical student 1 year from now and I’m willing to put my nose to the ground to do it but i know some programs are notorious for including Caribbean and DO acceptance stats in their medical school placement stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Some of the more popular ones have application deadlines fast approaching, and most of them use rolling admission so you would need to start banging applications out ASAP:

BU MAMS: Tomorrow
Tufts BMS: July 1st
Toledo: Full
EVMS: June 30th
Georgetown: Past Deadline
Loyola: July 1st
RFU: June 30th
Temple: Tomorrow - but most likely full anyhow/you need an interview

Temple and one of Tulane's SMP's are the only two programs with actual linkage, the other's give no promise of linkage - although some are known to take a higher percentage than others (Cinccy,RFU,etc) - but again, nothing set in stone.

Make sure you research programs that are for "academic enhancers" and not "career changers." I am compiling a list with about 10 schools so far with the following template. Let me know if you want what I have so far!

Template:

School

• Relevant Link

• Application Details:

• Admission Requirements:

• FAQS:

• I should apply:

• Application Fee:

• Program Length:

• Tuition Cost: Undergraduate or graduate tuition and fees

• Numbers (annually in state or out of state)
  • Classes with: Post bacc or undergraduates?

• Certificate upon completion:

• Offers MCAT prep? Built in or seperate?

• Benefits of Program: Advising? Committee Letter?

• Probability of med school admissions:

• Linkage Programs:

• Hopeful Medical School After Post Bacc:
    • City, State

• Expensive, manageable, inexpensive and fun, boring
  • Questions to Ask:

• Opinions Found on Web:

• Conclusion from those opinions

Reactions: 1 user