What programs can I join that start in Fall??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smaroof

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I am applying to schools for my 3rd time (I'm still on 2 waiting lists) and this year I want to get back into the classroom because I've already taken a year after college to do various volunteer work/clinical experiences.
My question is, what programs can I join that START this fall? I know it's extremely late but I am desperate to get into some program ANYWHERE in the country even if it means taking part time classes of a MPH Masters program of some sort. My objective isn't to necessarily obtain a degree, but rather just take some classes because I want to feel somewhat mentally sharp prior to med school. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

well to answer my own question (and to help others with teh same question) I found out that UMDNJ has their Masters in Biomedical Sciences deadline for July 1. any other programs out there?

i took public health classes as a non-degree grad student at UIC last year...i don't know when the deadline for that is, but i'm pretty sure its really late

Members don't see this ad :)
Harvard Extension has open enrollment. You can apply the Health Career Program.

UMass Boston will also take applications

"rolling deadline" for post-bacc program at medical college of virginia/virginia commonwealth

chief_agith said:
i took public health classes as a non-degree grad student at UIC last year...i don't know when the deadline for that is, but i'm pretty sure its really late

Chief_agith, I was thinking of taking non-degree classes as well at UIC but I looked online and the deadline for non-degree is March 1. Did you apply even later after that and still get in? Just wondering, because you said that you thought the deadline was really late and I would still like to apply if they're still accepting. Thanks.

smaroof said:
Ok I am applying to schools for my 3rd time (I'm still on 2 waiting lists) and this year I want to get back into the classroom because I've already taken a year after college to do various volunteer work/clinical experiences.
My question is, what programs can I join that START this fall? I know it's extremely late but I am desperate to get into some program ANYWHERE in the country even if it means taking part time classes of a MPH Masters program of some sort. My objective isn't to necessarily obtain a degree, but rather just take some classes because I want to feel somewhat mentally sharp prior to med school. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Smaroof, you can take post-baccalaureate classes under non-degree graduate status at almost any school. Some application deadlines for non-degree applicants have passed, but alot have late deadlines. I've seen some in late July and even late September. Just check their websites.

chief_agith said:

Is it possible to indicate on the amcas application that you are taking post-bac classes in the fall even though you've already graduated?

NYMC 2 year masters program in medical sciences is due on July 1. (I'm applying w/ the intention of only going 1 year i think) I called and they said they accept after the deadline too. I got my app in July 7... classes start the 2nd week of september.