What programs require step 2 ck for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carbocation1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The only one I found that requires a step 2 CK score for interviews is Wake Forest. Below is what I found from last year's application thread - is it still true?

"almost no schools require step 2 for an interview, freida is wrong, i personally called 10+ programs that said they did and they said its incorrect (including 5 ivys)"

Members don't see this ad.

The only one I found that requires a step 2 CK score for interviews is Wake Forest. Below is what I found from last year's application thread - is it still true?

"almost no schools require step 2 for an interview, freida is wrong, i personally called 10+ programs that said they did and they said its incorrect (including 5 ivys)"

Finished at a strong SE program, we didn't require Step 2 CK. It seemed like (no official stats) like 1/3ish of applicants didn't have a score. That's fine if you have a good Step 1, 3rd year performance and LORs. Step 2 can very helpful if your Step 1 was subpar.

I think just about everywhere (in all specialties?) requires Step 2 CK and CS results prior to rank list time, and we saw a couple applicants bomb the test late which had bad effects on their rank positions.

Reactions: 1 user
Bump. So no other programs besides Wake Forest require step 2 ck for interview? Planning on taking it in Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm seeing many programs in FREIDA listing Step 2 CK as required for interview consideration, is it not accurate?

It seems that programs will interview you if you're a good candidate whether or not you meet all their "requirements"