What PT schools should I consider?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

craftycuppso

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I just decided to get into PT after originally being premed thinking of going into chiropractic (after surviving O-chem for a year too yuck). I'm currently a junior w/ a 3.31gpa (which should go up after this trimester) and decent extracurriculars. I'm from the Illinois area, and was wondering what grad schools I should consider applying to? I am currently looking at Northwestern and Wash U. How do these two compare?
 
Hey everyone. I just decided to get into PT after originally being premed thinking of going into chiropractic (after surviving O-chem for a year too yuck). I'm currently a junior w/ a 3.31gpa (which should go up after this trimester) and decent extracurriculars. I'm from the Illinois area, and was wondering what grad schools I should consider applying to? I am currently looking at Northwestern and Wash U. How do these two compare?

Both are great schools but expensive. I already applied to NWU and waiting for a decision. Start volunteering at a PT clinic and make sure you have at least 100 hrs. Most schools require volunteer hours. But NWU though doesn't. Their minimum GPA req is 2.75, but I highly doubt they will accept students with a GPA under 3.0. For GREs they don't have a set requirement, but try to get at least a 1000. I'd say apply to both but NWU's tuition is 30k and thats only the tuition part not counting books, rent, and living expenses. Start the process now. Go to http://www.apta.org/AM/Template.cfm...schools/acc_schools_map.cfm&process=3&type=PT
and search for schools that may interest you. Good luck.