What resource should I use now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anuj Ghimirey

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am currently preparing for dental school and I am studying for the DAT. I have had the chance to run through everything at least once (except math). Now that I have a general knowledge of the popular topics tested on the DAT, I was wondering if I should use the destroyer and go through the questions or if I should just continue using Bootcamp. I am really struggling with gen chem and math and I am not sure what step I should take next. I have about 20 more days until my exam. How can I improve my chem and math sections? Should I work the problems in the destroyer for Bio or just do practice on bootcamp? There are so many resources and I do not know where to turn to at the moment. Please help

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am currently preparing for dental school and I am studying for the DAT. I have had the chance to run through everything at least once (except math). Now that I have a general knowledge of the popular topics tested on the DAT, I was wondering if I should use the destroyer and go through the questions or if I should just continue using Bootcamp. I am really struggling with gen chem and math and I am not sure what step I should take next. I have about 20 more days until my exam. How can I improve my chem and math sections? Should I work the problems in the destroyer for Bio or just do practice on bootcamp? There are so many resources and I do not know where to turn to at the moment. Please help
From my years of experience working with students if you are not feeling confident at this point I would stop doing timed test for now, you need more work on the concepts, etc. You have the Destroyer and it has proven through the years to help students achieve high scores why not use it? The Destroyer is indeed very challenging but it will surely prepare you for whatever comes your way on the DAT, always #think30. IMO, it is very important you get through ALL the problems in the DAT Destroyer at least once. If you are not feeling more confident this time next week, you might consider rescheduling your DAT, don't take any chances with a possible retake If you are struggling with Math we do have 111 Math videos on our youtube that will help supplement the problems in the Destroyer.

Hope this helps, wishing you the best.

Nancy

Since your exam is coming up sooner than later, I would highly recommend possibly rescheduling if you have not touched math yet. I went through the Destroyer about three times before my exam, after having done the work in Math Destroyer, OC Odyssey, and GC Destroyer. I did not use Bootcamp, but DATBooster which was exceptional in helping me to solidify the concepts that I was comfortable with and which ones I was not. You want to make sure you are also comfortable with QR, as I believe it affects your TS score. I highly recommend you do all the problems in Math Destroyer and in Booster, my QR section was much easier as a result of these two. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user