what schools accept tx residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bxs023100

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
i was just wondering if any of you know of any schools that do not accept tx residents at all, or a school were my chances of acceptance as a tx resident arent too high

Members don't see this ad.

In general, any public school in which you are not a resident of the state will be harder to get into. The exception to this rule is when your home state doesn't have any public dental schools, then there may be a special relationship or program with the public schools in neighboring states. On the otherhand, private schools won't care where you are applying from. Your best bet is to apply to all the Texas schools and then some private schools in the country you'd be interested in.

It's no secret that Texans are black-balled at some schools.

There have been a few pre-dents from my area of the state that have had success getting into BU and NYU.

One thing you may consider doing if you absolutely have to go out of state is to do undergrad at a university that feeds into an out of state dental school.

Of course I have no idea why you would want to go out of state for dental school. We have three of the best schools in the country right in our own backyard.

Members don't see this ad :)
of course we do. if i had my choice, i would choose UT houston. But, i may not be lucky enough to have my choice. so i wanted to see what my best chances were out of state

I say go out and try dammit. I'm applying to d schools in Chicago and San Francisco! Texans aren't really blackballed per se but kinda looked at by the people picking the students as "why leave texas" kind of thing. Go out and try and let the forum know you got in or not... be inspirational