What schools days do you usually have to skip to attend interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What school days do you usually skip to attend interviews? Choose all that apply

• Monday

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • All days of the week, equally

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • The school will generally let you choose any day.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Spin

me right round baby
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What school days do you usually end up skipping to attend interviews? I'm mostly interested in the far away interviews that you have to catch a plane to attend.

Members don't see this ad.

umm probably the day before and of the interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Right, but I don't know what days interviews usually are, hence the question.

When you get an email or a letter from the individual school stating when your interview is...then thats what day it is. It depends on the school.

Maybe you should have asked a more direct question such as "Hey people what day of the week are the UF/Nova/Tuft/etc interviews on?"

Right, but I don't know what days interviews usually are, hence the question.
it all depends on the school. i've heard of schools holding interviews on sun/mon; fri/sat; and wed/thurs; and thurs/fri.

i guess any day is wide open..

When you get an email or a letter from the individual school stating when your interview is...then thats what day it is. It depends on the school.

Maybe you should have asked a more direct question such as "Hey people what day of the week are the UF/Nova/Tuft/etc interviews on?"

I actually won't be interviewing until next year; I don't even know what schools I'm applying to yet. I figured it would be good to know what days I'll probably miss most often before registering for fall classes.

I actually won't be interviewing until next year; I don't even know what schools I'm applying to yet. I figured it would be good to know what days I'll probably miss most often before registering for fall classes.

Lmao just a little premature then huh

Lmao just a little premature then huh

Actually, I think it's a legit question. I wouldn't schedule around interviews, but I always wondered what days dental school interviews were.

Actually, I think it's a legit question. I wouldn't schedule around interviews, but I always wondered what days dental school interviews were.

dude....the guy's applying next f-in year. it was a joke of a question.

Many schools let you pick a date. I didn't have Friday classes this semester and I was able to schedule 4/7 interviews on Fridays. Of the other 3, 1 was on a Monday, 1 on a Wednesday, and 1 on a Thursday. My advice would be to try to have one day of the week off so you can schedule interviews for that day if you can. Mondays and Fridays are good days because you can have the weekend for travel time. Ultimately though, you will probably have to miss a day of class at some point.

Why would this even matter? You don't even have your school schedule for next Fall anyway so you wouldn't know how it could affect you at school. What difference will it make if someone said Monday vs Thursday?