• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

What schools do you think I can get into?

Psych- A
Stats-A
G Chem- B, B
Ochem- B, B
Physics...taking...probably getting a b in all 3
Bio- Got AP credit
Calc- B, B, C
Human Anatomy-C
Human Physiology-C
English Req-B

Extra Curic:
-Worked in a school for blind children for a summer
- did Unite for Sight (look it up) in India for a summer
- worked 100 hrs at top university opth. center
- shadowed
- 300 + (in progress) at a vision therapist's office
-American Red Cross Volunteer
-worked at SIO

OAT -not taken

lsmc888

Jul 2, 2010
  1. Pre-Optometry
    its hard to say without seeing ur actual OAT scores and GPA. these grades are average but if you do very well on the OAT and if your GPA is pretty good, you have a good chance. but if you are applying this cycle, you need to do so asap cause its getting late in the cycle

Kevin4Eyes

Sep 17, 2010
    1. Optometry Student
      Psych- A
      Stats-A
      G Chem- B, B
      Ochem- B, B
      Physics...taking...probably getting a b in all 3
      Bio- Got AP credit
      Calc- B, B, C
      Human Anatomy-C
      Human Physiology-C
      English Req-B

Extra Curic:
      -Worked in a school for blind children for a summer
      - did Unite for Sight (look it up) in India for a summer
      - worked 100 hrs at top university opth. center
      - shadowed
      - 300 + (in progress) at a vision therapist's office
      -American Red Cross Volunteer
      -worked at SIO

OAT -not taken

I agree with what's already been said, but ICO, PCO ,NECO, puerto rico and any of the non accredited new schools are going to be easier than say Berkley or SUNY. That being said if you have a 3.0 GPA and get like a 360 on the OAT you could go anywhere.

About the Ads
      I agree with what's already been said, but ICO, PCO ,NECO, puerto rico and any of the non accredited new schools are going to be easier than say Berkley or SUNY. That being said if you have a 3.0 GPA and get like a 360 on the OAT you could go anywhere.

i did not know that ico, pco, neco are not accredited? what about houston?

lsmc888

Jul 2, 2010
      1. Pre-Optometry
        what schools do you think I can have a shot at??

we still cant really say without your stats. it all depends on what you get on OAT and GPA. if they are good, ur fine. if they are not so good, then u have a better chance getting in if you apply early or apply to a less competitive school. Berkeley and SUNY are the most competitive

saiwahhh

5+ Year Member
        Jan 6, 2010
        Oregon
        1. Optometry Student
          have you looked at the entering class profiles?

http://www.opted.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3449

if you are really concerned, call each school, let them know what your gpa is and they should be able to help explain what kind of OAT score and extracurriculars they are looking for in their applicants.

have you filled out the optomcas application yet? every day that passes lowers your chances at getting in with "less than competitive" scores, so I would definitely get on it if you havent already.

oh yeah, and im sorry if i sound rude asking for your gpa and stuff. if its personal, just go to that site and check out the stats for each school to see where you may fit in

its all good. i actually dont know which is why i just wrote my grades. i went to a presitigous school freshman year communtiy college soph year and back to the same presitgious school junior year (now) so i swtiched form quarter to sem to quarter, so its all ****ed up :D

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.