What schools require calculus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

YankeesfanZF5

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am looking at eventually applying to University of Tennesee, Lincoln Memorial University and University of Minnesota but they are ambiguous about whether or not they require or just reccomend calculus. I am getting an A in trig right now but I am just not fond of math...or physics....but I have to take that so I am sol there. So does anybody know what vet schools require what? Thanks in advance!
 
UTK does not require it (in fact they don't require any particular math course)
https://vetmed.tennessee.edu/admissions/Pages/admissions-process.aspx

LMU also does not (the only math they require is statistics)
http://vetmed.lmunet.edu/admissions/requirements/

And neither does UMN (you can take algebra, pre-calc, OR calculus, and then they also require statistics)
http://www.cvm.umn.edu/students/prospective-dvm-students/preparing-for-admission/index.htm

Of course you will want to keep checking back with these sites up until the time you apply because pre-reqs get updated sometimes. And you can certainly email or call admissions for school-specific questions as well.
 
Last edited: