What should a dentist LoR include?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HuskyUC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. My orthodontist is writing my letter of recommendation and she hasn't written one before. What topics should she include? And are the hours I have shadowed necessary in the LoR (I believe only Tufts requires that?) Can an LoR be longer than one page?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Bump

This is from my University's committee, they have a series of questions to help write the letter:
Hours may be necessary to put you didn't shadow for very long (less than 300 hours, I would say), but a general time frame should be put on there.

Attachments

• Recommendation-Evaluation-Form.docx
    23 KB · Views: 108
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that's great! Thanks for that!

Do you know if it's okay to have a LoR that's longer than a page? And is it okay to have an orthodontist write me a letter as opposed to a General Dentist?

Thanks again!

I would say quality over quantity in a letter of rec. And yes, an ortho can write your letter, my gf had an ortho write her letter. Just remember some schools require a certain number of shadowing hours from a GP, so you might want to look into that if you don't have that done.

I would say quality over quantity in a letter of rec. And yes, an ortho can write your letter, my gf had an ortho write her letter. Just remember some schools require a certain number of shadowing hours from a GP, so you might want to look into that if you don't have that done.

Yup! I've gotten around 60-70 hours with a GP but more so at the orthodontists because I really enjoy the environment here. Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: 1 user