What should I bring to interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cc_pt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I hope this isn’t a silly question. But should I bring anything to an interview, such as my resume, notebook? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I hope this isn’t a silly question. But should I bring anything to an interview, such as my resume, notebook? Thanks for the help!
Congrats on scoring an interview! I would suggest a copy of your resume just to be extra prepared. Also a notepad and pen came in handy for my interview! I kept it all in a slick black portfolio. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Bonus points if you bring thank you notes to the interview to hand to the interviewers at the end of the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on scoring an interview! I would suggest a copy of your resume just to be extra prepared. Also a notepad and pen came in handy for my interview! I kept it all in a slick black portfolio. Good luck!
Thank you for the reply!

I would recommend bringing and nice black portfolio, in it have 2 pens, paper to take notes on, a paper with questions you wish to ask the faculty (shows preparedness), copy of resume. I personally would not bring pre-written thank you notes, this may come off as odd and very kiss ass. A good alternative is to ask for their business card after the interview (most professors have them). This way you can email them a thank you and mention something unique you both discussed during the interview. This will showcase gratitude while eliminating the essences of kissing ass just to get into a program.

Reactions: 1 users
I would recommend bringing and nice black portfolio, in it have 2 pens, paper to take notes on, a paper with questions you wish to ask the faculty (shows preparedness), copy of resume. I personally would not bring pre-written thank you notes, this may come off as odd and very kiss ass. A good alternative is to ask for their business card after the interview (most professors have them). This way you can email them a thank you and mention something unique you both discussed during the interview. This will showcase gratitude while eliminating the essences of kissing ass just to get into a program.
I was specifically remembered positively from my interview for this and the professors were surprised and very grateful. I know many people who have done this for both PT, Med, Pharmacy, and other graduate programs. It has set them apart as most people do not think to send thank you notes let alone bring them with them. I mean to each their own.

I was specifically remembered positively from my interview for this and the professors were surprised and very grateful. I know many people who have done this for both PT, Med, Pharmacy, and other graduate programs. It has set them apart as most people do not think to send thank you notes let alone bring them with them. I mean to each their own.

That is fine but as someone who helps with interviews, I would not recommend it and have never seen it. There are plenty of people who get in without doing any type of thank you note at all. I think siding on the more moderate approach gives you the best chance.

Bonus points if you bring thank you notes to the interview to hand to the interviewers at the end of the interview.

I think handing out thank you notes at the end of an interview comes off as insincere. Thank you notes are meant to be mailed. In this environment, a thank you email is expected and a mailed thank you note is appreciated.

If you don't get a business card, then at least note their names/titles and then look them up on the school web page or ask the admin/receptionist for their contact information.