What should I do after my post-bac?

Started by remo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

remo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK so I've been doing an informal post-bac since January. I will take the MCAT next April and then apply next July. Should I keep taking classes after I submit my application or try to get into an MS program in case I don't get in anywhere? What do people do while they are waiting around all year to see if they will get in?
 
remo said:
OK so I've been doing an informal post-bac since January. I will take the MCAT next April and then apply next July. Should I keep taking classes after I submit my application or try to get into an MS program in case I don't get in anywhere? What do people do while they are waiting around all year to see if they will get in?

I will be in the same sitution as you in summer 06. Does anyone have any advice? I'm inclined to get a one year masters of some sort to continually improve my application in the chance I don't get into med school anywhere.
 
Most people try to get a medically related job for the year. Working in a research lab, for example, can be a great way to round out your app, make a bit of money, and stay in the science "zone".