What should I do after my post-bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK so I've been doing an informal post-bac since January. I will take the MCAT next April and then apply next July. Should I keep taking classes after I submit my application or try to get into an MS program in case I don't get in anywhere? What do people do while they are waiting around all year to see if they will get in?

Members don't see this ad.

remo said:
OK so I've been doing an informal post-bac since January. I will take the MCAT next April and then apply next July. Should I keep taking classes after I submit my application or try to get into an MS program in case I don't get in anywhere? What do people do while they are waiting around all year to see if they will get in?

I will be in the same sitution as you in summer 06. Does anyone have any advice? I'm inclined to get a one year masters of some sort to continually improve my application in the chance I don't get into med school anywhere.

Most people try to get a medically related job for the year. Working in a research lab, for example, can be a great way to round out your app, make a bit of money, and stay in the science "zone".