What should I do based on my grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

racermike1967

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am a senior in SUNY Binghamton studying Electrical Engineering with a 3.25 GPA.

I am considering going into a post-bac program but I don't know which one would be good for my case. I live in long island, NY and am interested in staying in NY. What schools would I have a high chance of becoming accepted into a post-bac program? Would I have a high chance in being accepted by med schools after attending these post-bac programs if I keep my grades high?
 
racermike1967 said:
Hi all,

I am a senior in SUNY Binghamton studying Electrical Engineering with a 3.25 GPA.

I am considering going into a post-bac program but I don't know which one would be good for my case. I live in long island, NY and am interested in staying in NY. What schools would I have a high chance of becoming accepted into a post-bac program? Would I have a high chance in being accepted by med schools after attending these post-bac programs if I keep my grades high?

If you're happy where you are, maybe you should stay there and take the classes as a post bacc so they're listed seperately on your app. Get a 4.0 in the sciences get a 30+ MCAT and I'd say your chances are pretty good. Thats no easy task...but its a competitive world out there.
 
I rather not stay in SUNY binghamton. I would like to do something near the NYC and long Island area. Which schools should I consider for a post bacc program in these areas?
 
Racer,
I personally have not looked into either of these programs but I hear both Hunter and Columbia have excellent post bac programs. There are quite a few threads on each program in here that discuss both the positives and the negatives of the programs. I also know that NYU has a postbac program but I havent heard as much about that program. So if you want to stick around NYC then these are probably your best bets. Good luck.
-Redwings