What should I do for next year apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xenrich

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I didn't make the cut this year for reasons I knew were obvious, but what can I do to make sure my application is stronger this coming round of applications?

My current profile:
1. Pharmacology BS with a 3.0 GPA
2. Various jobs during the school period, notably Residential Assistant and working as a TA for the Pharmacology Lab classes
3. Volunteered at the campus pharmacy for almost a year
4. Recommendations from 2 pharmacology professors and pharmacist who all said good things.

My plan:
1. Take classes at a community college to boost GPA
2. Find a job in a pharmacy

Is there anything I need to do that would also look very good on my app, I'm trying to get an early start on this so anything anyone can tell me will be much appreciated?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi folks,

I didn't make the cut this year for reasons I knew were obvious, but what can I do to make sure my application is stronger this coming round of applications?

My current profile:
2. Various jobs during the school period, notably Residential Assistant and working as a TA for the Pharmacology Lab classes
4. Recommendations from 2 pharmacology professors and pharmacist who all said good things.

My plan:

Is there anything I need to do that would also look very good on my app, I'm trying to get an early start on this so anything anyone can tell me will be much appreciated?

Thanks.

You should look into taking the PCAT as well if you haven't done that. Other than that, I think you're doing the right thing =)

What schools did you apply to and where did you interview?

I have friends with a lower GPA and an equivalent amount of experience/activities who have been admitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi folks,

My current profile:

My plan:

Thanks.

I would also suggest for you to call the schools you've applied and ask them to elaborate reasons why you weren't granted an interview and go from there. Good luck!

Let us know what your weak points are instead of your strong points. Your weak points likely were why you didn't get in and where you need to improve your application.