What should I do??? Help Appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSD6

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Now that the cycle is dwindling down, I have come to the reality that I may have to re-apply. My stats are as follows, Sci GPA: 3.3 Cummulative GPA 3.4. MY DAT was a 19AA 21TS 21PAT, bombed the QR section with a 15. I don't know if I should retake DAT or take some extra classes. I also applied pretty late all my stuff was complete mid october. What should I do?

PS still got hope, I am waitlisted at one school and can possibly be accepted at another, but I just want to plan ahead.

Members don't see this ad.

Bombing the QR section is certainly not the end of the world.

I see getting wait listed as a good sign, considering that you applied very late.

I would think that you're in pretty good shape to just re-apply again. Only take the DAT again if you are certain you can raise ALL of your scores. Otherwise, I'd just keep the scores you have.

Yea what do you guys think about taking some extra courses at a community college. Cause I can still enroll this quarter at the community college I went to before and the have a really good 3 part series of anatomy and physiology which I haven't took and a molecular genetics class. Do you think this would be a good Idea. I can definitely bang out 3 science courses and get straight A's this quarter. I would go to a university but there far or already started the semester and the cost way to much money as a open university student. UC berkeley has the extension system where you can take classes online and meet in certain cities classes like immunology, genetics, etc. I don't know if it will be frowned upon if its online. What do you guys think???? And I really don't wanna take the DAT even though I know I can do better cause what if somehow I dont then that sucks.

So basically should I?
1) take some extra classes pull straight A's this spring and summer and fall and improve my EC's
2) Retake DAT leave the classes alone and improve EC's
3) TAke classes, retake DAT, and improve CE's (really dont like this option :) )

your help is appreciated

Yea what do you guys think about taking some extra courses at a community college. Cause I can still enroll this quarter at the community college I went to before and the have a really good 3 part series of anatomy and physiology which I haven't took and a molecular genetics class. Do you think this would be a good Idea. I can definitely bang out 3 science courses and get straight A's this quarter. I would go to a university but there far or already started the semester and the cost way to much money as a open university student. UC berkeley has the extension system where you can take classes online and meet in certain cities classes like immunology, genetics, etc. I don't know if it will be frowned upon if its online. What do you guys think???? And I really don't wanna take the DAT even though I know I can do better cause what if somehow I dont then that sucks.

So basically should I?
1) take some extra classes pull straight A's this spring and summer and fall and improve my EC's
2) Retake DAT leave the classes alone and improve EC's
3) TAke classes, retake DAT, and improve CE's (really dont like this option :) )

your help is appreciated

Take the classes only if you are commited to getting all A's, and apply EARLY next cycle. I wouldn't re-take DAT's, a lot of people ace the other parts and bomb the QR. The DAT's may not be your issue, call your top 3 choices and ask them if they have a minimum for the DAT, for example, they may require a minimum of 17 in each section to even be considered for an interview. Have someone you trust critique your personal statement, and always be working on EC's (I would do dental related only, if possible), it shows continued interest in the field of dentistry. Good luck and let us know how next cycle goes!