What should I do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkhottie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to schools and waiting to hear from D-schools that I had interview with. (1 OOS, 1 in-state)
I graduated in May but I wasn't finished with pre-req, so I took all of pre-req till December.
I am all done.

I am still shadowing like 5 hours a week (I feel like I should do more but I also feel like it is enough?)
Volunteering as a pianist at a church and also I interpret sermon into English that is spoken into my native language.

I have overall 3.6 GPA 3.4 S-GPA
I got 19AA, 19 TS, 17 PAT

My question is, should I go ahead take Genetics and Cell bio this semester while I wait on a good news? ( I actually sent letters to schools to show my strong interest and wrote that I am planning to take those classes) or just start studying to retake DAT?

I tried to get a job that is related in dental field but it is very hard....

I am SO LOST!!!! =(

Thank you for your input =)

Members don't see this ad.

DAT? I think beefier stats would do more good for you than taking a couple more sciences (those probably won't scratch the sGPA). They'd look nice, but nothing compared to a little better DAT. Maybe do both? Or maybe you'll hear back soon.

Don't worry about the number of shadowing hours; I got 4/8 interview invites with a petty 50 hours shadowing. Instead, focus on the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a job. Any job. Start saving money. If you want, take those classes you indicated while working. I'm sure they have night classes somewhere near you..... the more you stay busy, the less stressed you will be while waiting this cycle out. Your DAT is fine, although PAT is kinda low. Maybe retake if you don't hear. But definitely go work!

Get a job. Any job. Start saving money. If you want, take those classes you indicated while working. I'm sure they have night classes somewhere near you..... the more you stay busy, the less stressed you will be while waiting this cycle out. Your DAT is fine, although PAT is kinda low. Maybe retake if you don't hear. But definitely go work!

Just any job?? or dental related job? If you worked... what kind of job did you have?

Preferably dental related... I work as a dental intern and dental research assistant. It's making the time fly by and I'm saving money! I mean you don't really want to be sitting around for 5 months checking SDN, refreshing email hoping you hear something right? Try boosting your app in case you do have to reapply