What should I do? Post-bac or bum?

Started by mijomd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mijomd

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a reapplicant but my hopes are already gone for this application cycle already because of my last MCAT score-- it was lower =(
so... I have lots of decisions to make now.
1. retake the MCAT in Jan. so study my butt of for 4 months or so...
2. don't take the MCAT and apply for post-bac working until next year

my GPA isn't that bad (3.6) and experiences/activities are ok as well (volunteering 100+, shadowing 25+, mission trips, research in undergrad)

Is post-bac only for GPA enhacers?
as far as I know the only weakness for me is the MCAT score

Should I even consider post-bacc programs?
 
Study for the MCAT like your life depends on it.

More coursework won't help.

Best of luck to you.