what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaa2031

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I apply to dental school this year?

I just finish my ADEA AADSAS application now. but, I haven't submit yet.

because I feel I am too late to apply to dental school this year.

I just took my DAT test on august 30,2013.

I got academic average 21

Reading comprehension 19
PA and biology 20
organic and quantitative reasoning 22
general chemistry 23

My GPA is 4.00 out of 4.3 and science GPA is 4.00 out of 4.3

but, I am really worry because I never took 15-16 credits of full loads of classes.

I always work on full time and I only took 12-14 credit class.

I also work on orthodontist office and general dentist office for 40 hours each...

Should I try to apply this year or wait for next year application to have a better chance?

I am also curious

Is there any disadvantage even I didn't submit my ADEA AADSAS application 2013 to do my ADEA AADSAS application in next year again?

what is my chance to get into dental school based on my dat score and gpa even I didn't take the full load classes.?

Please help me!!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't take 15-16 credits every quarter and i have several interviews lined up. But applying in october is considered late. Most likely you'll get interviewed post december.

Apply, like...yesterday.

Course load isn't that important. I think you can get in but you need to apply. Some schools have deadlines approaching.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply apply apply........!!!!!! You will regret it of you don't! You have good stats. You will get in somewhere. Just make sure you pick your schools wisely and try to apply to ~12-15 schools.
Best of luck to you

hey check this out that I posted 3 years ago when in your same situation with similar stats.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=771370

I received an interview and acceptance at every school so your app is still on time as long as you have your letters of rec ready to be sent out soon (like within 2 weeks). My last letter was not done until Oct 8th and was not sent out until Oct 15th and got my first interview notice from Columbia 4 weeks later and interviewed in the first week of December. The rest of the interviews all came stumbling in throughout January.

Your shadowing hours are likely ok too. Just make sure you really emphasize that you got a lot out of those hours in terms of what the profession is like.

PM me if you want/need more advice and Good Luck pal