What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lovemcqueen7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I get my A.S. in veterinary technology or should i get an A.A. & Bachelors in Animal Biology?

Members don't see this ad.

Should I get my A.S. in veterinary technology or should i get an A.A. & Bachelors in Animal Biology?
First question is what do you want to do in life???? If you want to be a vet tech, first option, if you want to be a veterinarian, you probably won't get a lot of the prereqs for vet school in tech school. No one can tell you what to do, you have to decide for yourself what path is the best for you.

Reactions: 3 users
What should you do? Take an underwater basket weaving class. And please report back, we're curious to see how it goes.

Reactions: 4 users
If vet school is your goal, then a tech program won't get you there. You would have to go to a CC or university to get your pre-reqs, so why spend time/money doing something that won't advance your career goals? BUT if you want to be a tech, then yeah, go that route. You can search around the forum a bit and read pervious threads with advice about choosing or not choosing a career as a vet tech, and about the paths people took to becoming a veterinarian.

Reactions: 1 user