what should I do..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angdds

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone
I am a reapplicant for this cycle and just finished retaking the DAT (2nd time)
I've received one interview out of 11 schools I applied last year with a AA of 18 TS 19 QR 17 Reading 16..
I was waitlisted and didn't get into the only school that interviewed me.
the second time I took the DAT I felt more ready than my first time retaking it therefore I was shocked when I saw my score.. I got 15 bio, 15 reading, 15 QR, 20 chem, 19 orgo, 19 PAT.. AA 17 TS 17
I wanted to cry when I saw those scores...
I heard that you have to write a letter to the ADEA if you want to retake for the third time.
How should I go about it?
any tips/recommendation whether I should submit my secondary apps to the schools I applied to for this cycle.. or should I just wait until next cycle after retaking it the third time (hopes to get a better score)?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry about your misfortune.
How did you prepare for the test?
On the 1st time & the 2nd time? What resources did you use, how long did you study? and how much did you study each day? Can you go through the details?

When you say you were ready, what do you mean by you felt you were ready, did you take 20 or more on practice tests?

Also, I think for the fourth time you need to send them a letter, not the third time but I am not sure, I read this when I asked Google
Here

Candidates may retake the test up to three times, waiting at least 90 days to retake the DAT. A new application and fee are required for each retest. Examinees who have three or more testing attempts must apply for permission to retest.

Reactions: 1 user
What is your GPA? Are you a URM or have volunteering experience with marginalized populations? When did you apply the first time? How did you prepare both times?

A decrease in AA looks is unfortunate and I’d be thinking pretty critically about what you did to study then I’d change everything about it. Read as many of the retake advice breakdowns as possible and go all out on it. Like take the whole summer to study and stop working.

Reactions: 1 user