What should I do??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetmurphy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

sweetmurphy said:
I just got my scores and I don't really know how to react, I got an 85 composite. I was hoping for higher, to make up for my crappy gpa. I'm not sure if I should take the PCAT over again in Jan, because most of the schools (UH, UT, TTU, OU, TSU) I am applying to don't accept the Jan PCAT or don't prefer it. Do you think its worth taking over for one or two back up schools that accept the Jan PCAT? Thanks in advance :)

Firstival, you should be HAPPY!!! If your ULTIMATE goal is to become a pharmacist no matter what, then you should retake in Jan. It doesn't hurt. Who knows! You might get in to one of the above 5 schools and the Jan score might not matter. Otherwise, you will not regret since you have back up and then still be able to apply to more school. Well, I still think 85% is a great score. I would be happy with that number. I'm still waiting for mine.....Good luck in deciding

sweetmurphy said:
I just got my scores and I don't really know how to react, I got an 85 composite. I was hoping for higher, to make up for my crappy gpa. I'm not sure if I should take the PCAT over again in Jan, because most of the schools (UH, UT, TTU, OU, TSU) I am applying to don't accept the Jan PCAT or don't prefer it. Do you think its worth taking over for one or two back up schools that accept the Jan PCAT? Thanks in advance :)

That's completely up to you. An 85 is a great score if you ask me. It's probably good enough. If you did that with ease though, do you think that you do better in January? If you think that you could do better and don't mind spending the money, why not?

I'd crap my pants if I made an 85.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I would be happy with an 85 composite! CONGRATS! :)

sweetmurphy said:
Just out of curriosity, how crappy is your gpa?