What Should I do?!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

claydds

claydds
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my deal....I was scheduled to take the DAT on 8/12, but I'm going to drive 5 hours to a different test center just so I can get it over with on Monday. I'm having a h*ll of a time finishing strong. Is there anything you would recomend studying/cramming for the next couple days. I have one more achiever test that I could take....would it be worth it? Or, should I just relax for the weekend. Any input/encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Here are my scores:

AA/PA/TS/B/C/OC/RC/QR
TS1 19/21/19/21/19/17/20/16
TS2 18/22/19/19/17/19/21/16
TS3 19/22/19/19/17/19/20/19

Ac1 19/16/19/17/23/18/20/18
Ac2 17/18/16/16/15/17/19/16
Ac3
AA/PA/TS/B/C/OC/RC/QR
Kaplan CD 19/21/19/17/20/18/20/18

Members don't see this ad.

If you are a superstitious person, I would not rush into it and take it on a different day than what you planned. Imagine you dont do as well as expected... you are going to beat yourself up for rushing into it, and put all blame on taking it earlier than planned. You said yourself - you are not scoring as high as you are expecting. You could spend the extra days and review.

However, since you have probably already officially changed the date, I would just recommend reviewing your notes and reinforcing concepts. Dont learn new material in the next few days - it will probably make you feel less confident.

Good luck with the test (whenever you decide to take it) :luck:

i disagree i feel like you should take it, and the fact that you want to take it earlier shows you are ready...only thing i might be hesitant about is a 5 hour drive!! then a 4 hour exam...sounds like it will be tough

egots said:
i disagree i feel like you should take it, and the fact that you want to take it earlier shows you are ready...only thing i might be hesitant about is a 5 hour drive!! then a 4 hour exam...sounds like it will be tough

I'm getting a hotel near the test center, so I'll just have to have a 4 hour exam, then a 5 hour drive

Members don't see this ad :)
Focus on your QR. Everything else looks fine.

My topscore / acheiver QR grades were around 17 and I ended up with a 15 - borderline for most schools. I too was rushed. Don't stress over the exam this weekend, but do spend time on it.

Good luck.

Immuno-guy said:
Focus on your QR. Everything else looks fine.

My topscore / acheiver QR grades were around 17 and I ended up with a 15 - borderline for most schools. I too was rushed. Don't stress over the exam this weekend, but do spend time on it.

Good luck.

Yeah, I HATE QR. mainly trig. Do you think I should go over old practice tests, or what would you focus on?