What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreyFox2002

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
212
Reaction score
4

Members don't see this ad.
Recently, I got accepted at Wayne State, and dropped $500 to reserve my seat. The predicament? I got a letter in the mail from Michigan today, requesting an interview. I know this makes me a fence candidate, because Michigan doesn't give interviews to all applicants. I also know that I'd likely get grilled in this interview, for my lack of patient care experience and pharmacy practice (don't worry, I'm not in it for the money :p).

Both schools have strengths and weaknesses, with Wayne being more clinically oriented, and Michigan more research oriented. I like the idea of both. I'd be really torn if I got accepted to Michigan.

That being said, I know I wouldn't be nervous at all for this interview, because I already hold a seat in another program.

So I need some advice. Should I interview, and if asked by the interviewer, say that I have been accepted to another program? Or should I decline, and let someone else have the empty seat?
 

Hosstheboss

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
It sounds like you want to go or else you wouldn't toiling over the decision. I doubt you'd get grilled in the interview and if you do get into Michigan and decided you liked it better there then Wayne State your out 500 bucks but you maybe happier there. My point is that you really don't know what to expect until you see the school and listen to what the students and the faculity have to say. So go or you may wonder what you missed out on you know.
 

tashka

New Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
97
Reaction score
1
I would say, definitely go for the interview and see the school. It is always better to have more options than one. It is very possible that you'll never be asked the question about where you applied and were accepted. If you decline later, they will pull somebody of the wait list. They are aware of these things. And you are not going to take anyone's spot.
 

evilolive

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Find out if they truly do stress research over clinical! I want to know for sure if that's what their program is like. Granted I will make my own trip sometime in the near future...but I just want to be sure.
 

Dr.Biassi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
317
Reaction score
0
It is always good to have choices. As we learn in Economy there is always the cost of opportunity of the forgone altwernative. So go to the interview and see the outcome wouldn't be bad at all. Don't worry about the 500 bucks if you change your mind later about Wayne. The question is where you will be happy and be able to make it out of Pharmacy school. When you go to the interview don't even bother telling your interviewer that you were accepted by another school. Act like you are highly interested in Michigan!!!
 
Top