What should I do?

Started by Default
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Default

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a little bit of a dilemma. After submitting my primary application, I waited paciently for everything to submit. AMCAS verified and I heard nothing and still haven't heard anything. The only reason I found out was checking daily. I didnt think anything of it so I waited. Then I had some problems with my email. Turns out that my school switched email providers and shut off all the old email addresses at the begining of the school year. So I quickly updated my AMCAS info to my new gmail account.I only caught the error yesterday, but I just want to take care of this ASAP because now my app has been delayed alot. I applied to 14 different schools, and have decent scores (3.5 uGPA, 4.0 grad GPA, 34 MCAT) so I should get some secondaries or at least a second look. Now my question is do I have to contact the schools individually? If nor how long should I wait before I get worried about not recieving anything?
 
for goodness' sake, get in touch with every school immediately

when I applied a few years ago, my email went down for TWO HOURS one day. During this time, UCSF sent out the request for my secondary. I never got it. When I finally checked in with them a few weeks later, I had missed the secondary deadline, and there was no second chance.