What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a little bit of a dilemma. After submitting my primary application, I waited paciently for everything to submit. AMCAS verified and I heard nothing and still haven't heard anything. The only reason I found out was checking daily. I didnt think anything of it so I waited. Then I had some problems with my email. Turns out that my school switched email providers and shut off all the old email addresses at the begining of the school year. So I quickly updated my AMCAS info to my new gmail account.I only caught the error yesterday, but I just want to take care of this ASAP because now my app has been delayed alot. I applied to 14 different schools, and have decent scores (3.5 uGPA, 4.0 grad GPA, 34 MCAT) so I should get some secondaries or at least a second look. Now my question is do I have to contact the schools individually? If nor how long should I wait before I get worried about not recieving anything?

Members don't see this ad.

for goodness' sake, get in touch with every school immediately

when I applied a few years ago, my email went down for TWO HOURS one day. During this time, UCSF sent out the request for my secondary. I never got it. When I finally checked in with them a few weeks later, I had missed the secondary deadline, and there was no second chance.