Jun 7, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
First off, Congrats to those who got accepted this morning!

Okay, so here's the predicament I'm in: I only applied to 5 schools, UMDNJ, NYU, Buffalo, Howard, and Maryland. So far, I have had interviews at UMDNJ and NYU. I have my Buffalo interview next week.

My stats are: 19 AA/ 19 TS/ 20 PAT and 3.81 BCP, 3.64 Science, 3.90 Non-Science, 3.75 Total (according to AADSAS). I am a senior in undergrad right now, in NJ.

This morning, I got waitlisted at UMDNJ. I'm still waiting for NYU's snail mail, and of course I have Buffalo next week.

Is it too late to apply to other schools at this point? Or should I just wait it out with the 5 schools I applied to?

And if I don't get in this cycle, should I opt to retake the DAT to boost my scores and maybe do some research to add onto my application?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jmt1984

7+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2009
First off, Congrats to those who got accepted this morning!

Okay, so here's the predicament I'm in: I only applied to 5 schools, UMDNJ, NYU, Buffalo, Howard, and Maryland. So far, I have had interviews at UMDNJ and NYU. I have my Buffalo interview next week.

My stats are: 19 AA/ 19 TS/ 20 PAT and 3.81 BCP, 3.64 Science, 3.90 Non-Science, 3.75 Total (according to AADSAS). I am a senior in undergrad right now, in NJ.

This morning, I got waitlisted at UMDNJ. I'm still waiting for NYU's snail mail, and of course I have Buffalo next week.

Is it too late to apply to other schools at this point? Or should I just wait it out with the 5 schools I applied to?

And if I don't get in this cycle, should I opt to retake the DAT to boost my scores and maybe do some research to add onto my application?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I would not apply to any other schools at this point, pretty late, probably throwing money away.

I think your DAT scores are pretty good, as is your GPA, did you apply a little late in the cycle? Maybe if you aren't successful this cycle, focus on getting everything submitted earlier next time around. If you are only a senior now, you have plenty of time.

About the research, I would only do it if you really enjoy it, there are other things you could do with your time that would be constructive, and possibly more enjoyable.

Good luck!