What Should I Do??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

First off, Congrats to those who got accepted this morning!

Okay, so here's the predicament I'm in: I only applied to 5 schools, UMDNJ, NYU, Buffalo, Howard, and Maryland. So far, I have had interviews at UMDNJ and NYU. I have my Buffalo interview next week.

My stats are: 19 AA/ 19 TS/ 20 PAT and 3.81 BCP, 3.64 Science, 3.90 Non-Science, 3.75 Total (according to AADSAS). I am a senior in undergrad right now, in NJ.

This morning, I got waitlisted at UMDNJ. I'm still waiting for NYU's snail mail, and of course I have Buffalo next week.

Is it too late to apply to other schools at this point? Or should I just wait it out with the 5 schools I applied to?

And if I don't get in this cycle, should I opt to retake the DAT to boost my scores and maybe do some research to add onto my application?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

First off, Congrats to those who got accepted this morning!

Okay, so here's the predicament I'm in: I only applied to 5 schools, UMDNJ, NYU, Buffalo, Howard, and Maryland. So far, I have had interviews at UMDNJ and NYU. I have my Buffalo interview next week.

My stats are: 19 AA/ 19 TS/ 20 PAT and 3.81 BCP, 3.64 Science, 3.90 Non-Science, 3.75 Total (according to AADSAS). I am a senior in undergrad right now, in NJ.

This morning, I got waitlisted at UMDNJ. I'm still waiting for NYU's snail mail, and of course I have Buffalo next week.

Is it too late to apply to other schools at this point? Or should I just wait it out with the 5 schools I applied to?

And if I don't get in this cycle, should I opt to retake the DAT to boost my scores and maybe do some research to add onto my application?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I would not apply to any other schools at this point, pretty late, probably throwing money away.

I think your DAT scores are pretty good, as is your GPA, did you apply a little late in the cycle? Maybe if you aren't successful this cycle, focus on getting everything submitted earlier next time around. If you are only a senior now, you have plenty of time.

About the research, I would only do it if you really enjoy it, there are other things you could do with your time that would be constructive, and possibly more enjoyable.

Good luck!