SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What should I make out of this?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by funshoayo1, May 28, 2008.

1. funshoayo1

funshoayo1 2+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Called a school I am currently on the HPA list and after 5 mins of looking through my file, the lady told me the list is moving slow but they have accepted students with similar stats so far on the list. She told me to expect meet with an advisor , either through email or phone...She took my number and email and told me to expect a call before the end of the week from an advisor. What should I make out of this?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. funshoayo1

funshoayo1 2+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2007
    anyone care to respond?
  4. HumidBeing

HumidBeing In Memory of Riley Jane Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Probably exactly what she said. It does sound hopeful, since I don't know of any place that calls on the phone to reject applicants.
  5. BlackPower2012

BlackPower2012 2+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Umpa lumpa Land
    Well, it all depends. If you are ranked pretty low on the list, it may just be that they will give you a call to give you some advice on how to improve your stats next yaer. If you are ranked pretty higher on the list, it just may be that she will call you with an acceptance. I think you will get accepted by the end of this week. BTW, is the school SUNY Upstate? Theres a thread about the HPA list at that school, and by the looks of it, the list is actually moving slowly, but we are only in May! I think the list begins to move a lot faster when med schools are actually able to drop students that have not committed to them.
    Hope this helps
    Hope that the list begins to move faster at the school you are HPA'ed on
    do you have any other acceptances or waitlists?