What should I shoot for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bella_dottoressa

make it happen
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an Ohio resident...and wondering what kind of stats I should shoot for in order to feel like I'm good to go as far as getting into any of the Ohio schools...specifically OSU b/c that's where I'm at now and would love to stay...Like what MCAT and what GPA? I've heard 34 MCAT and you're good to go...? Also, I would really like to apply early decision to OSU...what kind of applicant should I be in order to do that? Thanks as always for your wonderful advice.
Oh, and congratulations to everyone getting acceptances! I'm so happy for all of you!!!!!!!:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Oh and one other thing...how difficult are the other Ohio schools to get into...MCO, Case, Cinci, Wright (there is one there, right? or am I confused...:) ) NEUCOM?

Originally posted by crystal18mc
Oh and one other thing...how difficult are the other Ohio schools to get into...MCO, Case, Cinci, Wright (there is one there, right? or am I confused...:) ) NEUCOM?

Case=very hard
OSU/Cinci=hard
MCO/Wright=not as hard, but still hard
NEOUCOM=hard because there are very few spots for traditional med students, although their avg. mcat is pretty low.

If you have a 28 or > MCAT and >3.5 gpa you have a good shot at getting into at least one Ohio school.