1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What should I shoot for?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bella_dottoressa, Oct 19, 2002.

1. bella_dottoressa

bella_dottoressa make it happen
    7+ Year Member

I'm an Ohio resident...and wondering what kind of stats I should shoot for in order to feel like I'm good to go as far as getting into any of the Ohio schools...specifically OSU b/c that's where I'm at now and would love to stay...Like what MCAT and what GPA? I've heard 34 MCAT and you're good to go...? Also, I would really like to apply early decision to OSU...what kind of applicant should I be in order to do that? Thanks as always for your wonderful advice.
    Oh, and congratulations to everyone getting acceptances! I'm so happy for all of you!!!!!!!:clap:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bella_dottoressa

bella_dottoressa make it happen
    7+ Year Member

Oh and one other thing...how difficult are the other Ohio schools to get into...MCO, Case, Cinci, Wright (there is one there, right? or am I confused...:) ) NEUCOM?

4. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Case=very hard
    OSU/Cinci=hard
    MCO/Wright=not as hard, but still hard
    NEOUCOM=hard because there are very few spots for traditional med students, although their avg. mcat is pretty low.

If you have a 28 or > MCAT and >3.5 gpa you have a good shot at getting into at least one Ohio school.