Rollo

Renowned Wolf
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Medical Student
Just UW explanations that clarify something for you or explain it in detail that's not present in FA (or you don't understand).

RR is a great resource by itself so I wouldn't spend the extra time/effort annotating RR into FA.

Hercules022

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Status
Medical Student
What the guy above me said... annote World, not other books (I tried that for one section and it was a colossal waste of time)

ar2388

rads resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2007
New York, NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
What the guy above me said... annote World, not other books (I tried that for one section and it was a colossal waste of time)
ok good to know.. i tried annotating biochem into FA and did about half of the entire section and it took me forever... i couldnt imagine doing that for every section..

Rollo

Renowned Wolf
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Medical Student
ok good to know.. i tried annotating biochem into FA and did about half of the entire section and it took me forever... i couldnt imagine doing that for every section..
What and how are you annotating? Are you writing down every single detail about, let's say fatty acid metabolism?

To be honest, I haven't exactly started annotating stuff into FA yet. I'm just going through Kaplan Biochem and Rx right now. I wanted an idea of what and how people are annotating since I'm not exactly the "writing stuff down on paper" type of guy.

Hercules022

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Status
Medical Student
As you go through World, I'd add in any discrete facts / concepts that aren't in FA... in micro, for example, if they mention some symptom or test associated with a bacteria that isn't mentioned in FA, I would add that. Another good example would be pathophys... if they mention some concept that isn't in World or BRS, I would add that. Lengthier stuff, like the process of fatty acid metabolism, would be harder to add in a clear format and probably too time consuming even if you wanted to. I'd keep my notes short and to the point, saves time and easier to go back and understand what you wrote.