• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

aberkovi

15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
Status (Visible)
It is my understanding that 5 states require DO students to do a 1-year internship before they begin a residency. What states are these? Please clarify this for me if my facts are wrong.

cbenedic

Wolverine for life
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2006
Chi-town, Illinois
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
About the Ads

digital01

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
There are ways to get around it even in those states though, correct?

madscientist50

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
There are ways to get around it even in those states though, correct?

Yes, we heard about the loopholes during our interview at NSU last week, check with the school you are going to, or with a student there to find out for sure. Something called Resolution 42 or somthing like that.

digital01

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
It doesn't really matter for me as I'm not going to school in one of those states, I was just curious.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Wild west of Mistytown
Status (Visible)
Doesn't make a difference about school its PRACTICING rights. If you move to that state you would not be able to practice without getting waiver of resolution 42.

Search resolution 42 in this forum and osteopathic forum and you'll get all the question answers that you probably have on this topic. :D

toothless rufus

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It doesn't really matter for me as I'm not going to school in one of those states, I was just curious.

It doesn't matter if you go to school in one of these states, just if you plan to work in one of these states...right? :scared: (I'm going to school in FL)

[edit] Disregard, due to mshheaddocs simultaneous post!

DocOB

10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2006
Gladwin, Michigan
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Oh good, just the crappy states. What a relief!

Watch it hombre! Anyway, does anybody think it's rediculous for states that have DO schools to require this internship. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. "Yeah, we need more primary care docs, you're just going to have to work a little harder to do it." WTF!!!!!!!!!!

aberkovi

15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
Status (Visible)
Watch it hombre! Anyway, does anybody think it's rediculous for states that have DO schools to require this internship. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. "Yeah, we need more primary care docs, you're just going to have to work a little harder to do it." WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but I'm pretty sure you can still marry your sister in those states too.

Share some of those crazy pills!!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.