What study materials do I need?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacPreDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I'm planning on taking the DAT sometime by the end of June giving me a solid 2 months of study time. I have a 3.3 gpa with a 3.0 sci so I'm really aiming for a high score to offset this.

So, what study materials do I need?
I already have kaplan blue book.
I was thinking of getting Cliffs bio and dat destroyer.

Is this enough? Should I get separate books for PAT or QR?
I have some experience with PAT and have been scoring around 19-20 in practice tests on this section. No experience in QR whatsoever.

Members don't see this ad.

best bet would be to do a search on these forums, theres tons of threads on this topic...

that way you'll see a trend in what most people are recommending

Members don't see this ad :)
you def need to get kaplan blue book for basic science review and kaplan subject tests.......you also need to get destroyer as well as math destroyer and topscore would help you get used to the computer format as well as crack dat pat for PAT.........all these are the standard on this forum oh and try cliffs ap bio as well

thats pretty much it.

Start with kaplan blue book, its pretty good introductory book. But its not enough (esspecially when it comes to biology). Start on kaplan BB, then go to these:

for biology: Cliffs ap bio + your biology text book for referencing
for Gen C: DAT destroyer
for Orgo: DAT destroyer
for QR : In my opinion, MATH destroyer (book with 10 QR tests) is best resource out there, if you master those 400 problems, approx 70-80% of them will reappear on the real DAT with just different numbers.
for PAT : Crack DAT PAT software, I got the 10 test version one, this is the BEST resource for PAT in the market. If you do those 10 tests, you should get AT LEAST a 19

The above mentioned is what I used, and is pretty common combo for most people around SDN. Some folks around here have done the kaplan online course, and they swear by those online kaplan tests, I personally can't comment since I never took the Kaplan course