What subject should I choose to impress a psychiatrist by presentation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in my psych rotation and I applied for psych residency. As I need a strong recommendation letter, I decided to give a power point presentation for about 10 minutes, but I am not sure what subject should I choose? I am looking for a subject that will be interesting and useful to my attending.

I really appreciate if any one could help me out here.

Members don't see this ad.

As a student I did a presentation on ketamine induced psychosis because we'd seen a couple of cases of it and the attending wasn't really up to date ont he subject. You could always talk to the attending and I'd say be upfront and admit you want to do well in the rotation because it's an interest of yours and do they have anythign they would particularly like you to present on. I'd do it as "I was thinking of X, Y or Z but I'm keen to do well on this rotation and was wondering if there was anythign you'd particualrly like me to cover etc." Shows you have iniiative but can seek guidance when needed...