What textbooks did you end up buying for school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faux

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone decided to buy any specific text books during their time in school to keep for personal use.

What did you find good enough to consider buying?

Members don't see this ad.

I think I'm going to buy the misch implant text at some point, our implant class is pretty superficial. Netters Head and neck anatomy for dentists is another reference Id like to have on my shelf.

Members don't see this ad :)
While I'm only a first year, I've found FirstAid and Pathoma very helpful for the basic sciences, and Chung & Chung for anatomy. I don't know **** about teeth though.
Woelfel's is pretty good.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with many of the textbooks above. Cohen's Pathways of the Pulp is another classic. I have it, as well as Misch, Contemporary OMFS, Netter's Head and Neck, Management of Medically Compromised Patient, and Malamed.

I would add the Color Atlas of Common Oral Diseases, because there's no excuse for not knowing whether something should be biopsied or not.

Obviously if anything looks abnormal, get a consult. But you should have an idea of what's going on because the patient will ask you. And if you say "I don't know what that is" they'll lose faith in you.

Reactions: 1 users
Bonebox dental is an app you can download to use along with any tooth morphology literature you choose. It can help you with identifying some of the anatomical features of the tooth you read about.

Reactions: 1 user
anything for fixed proths?

I was looking at

Fundamentals of Fixed Prosthodontics 4th Edition
by Herbert T. Shillingburg

any feedback for that?