what the deuce!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

y2janitor

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so i'm an ms3 wanting to go into gas. My concern is that i have all passes during preclinical stuff. And it looks like i'm going to have only passes on all my rotations because my school recently changed the grading criteria (no more high pass, and only top 1-2% honor). The only thing i have going for me is unpublished anesthesia research between first and second year and a step 1 score of 240. am i ****ed? i want to end up at a top program.

Members don't see this ad.

Your Dean's letter will indicate in the secret section with the graphs that Honors is extremely rare at your school. The meaning of Pass at your school vs. others should be readily apparent.

*sigh*

Some ppl need perspective.

You got a 240 and have passed all your courses...yet you're asking this?

Members don't see this ad :)
dood i hear ya. i lack perspective. i just didn't know how much grades made a difference.

I had heard of someone who graduated from my school who passed most of his pre-clinical years (don't know how the clinical year grades were). This person got a 255ish score on step 1 and matched UCSD

So you're probably not out of the running with your research and step 1 score