What the hell, MCW!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maestro1625

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so this morning I get this email in my inbox...

Dear Applicant:

On December 12th we emailed you an invitation to interview on January 19th or February 2nd for the entering class of 2007 at the Medical College of Wisconsin. As of today, we have yet to hear from you. Both of the dates offered are now filled to capacity and we are anticipating that subsequent dates will, in all likelihood, be interviews used to establish the alternate list. With this in mind, if we do not hear from you by the end of the day on Friday, December 22 we will anticipate that you have made alternate plans and will withdraw your application.

Thank you.

Michael Istwan
Director of Admissions

so I go back into my inbox (and I'm the type who has over 5 thousand emails (no joke) in my inbox because I delete NOTHING, and I have nothing in my trash or inbox for the 12th... I ask my roommate who got an invite back in october and he tells me that the same thing happened to him, that he never recieved the first email. But seriously, interviewing only for the alternate list!? and only because my school email filter didnt work properly?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a junk email filter or anything? I've heard stories of interview emails getting blocked by those.

I had a similar problem happen with Georgetown. I received an interview invite, called and scheduled my interview, and two weeks later received an email saying they had withdrawn my application because they hadn't heard from me.

I called and talked to one of their admissions directors and he cleared things up really quickly and apologized for the confusion.

Mike Istwan is a very understanding guy. I'd send him a direct e-mail NOW explaining what happened, and if he can, I would think he'll try to work with you. Obviously, he can't break rules, but I'm sure it can't hurt to see what's up.

Members don't see this ad :)
so yeah, I emailed and my email got bounced back... I tried again, but I'm going to call tomorrow.

u kids can have my spot

or mine....i purposely didnt intervier or tell them i want coming....was counting down the time until they realized i had rejected them already.

or mine....i purposely didnt intervier or tell them i want coming....was counting down the time until they realized i had rejected them already.

Ah professionalism at its finest.

That sucks

Dear Applicant:

On December 12th we emailed you an invitation to interview on January 19th or February 2nd for the entering class of 2007 at the Medical College of Wisconsin. As of today, we have yet to hear from you. Both of the dates offered are now filled to capacity and we are anticipating that subsequent dates will, in all likelihood, be interviews used to establish the alternate list. With this in mind, if we do not hear from you by the end of the day on Friday, December 22 we will anticipate that you have made alternate plans and will withdraw your application.

Thank you.

Michael Istwan
Director of Admissions

so I go back into my inbox (and I'm the type who has over 5 thousand emails (no joke) in my inbox because I delete NOTHING, and I have nothing in my trash or inbox for the 12th... I ask my roommate who got an invite back in october and he tells me that the same thing happened to him, that he never recieved the first email. But seriously, interviewing only for the alternate list!? and only because my school email filter didnt work properly?

That sucks

Dear Applicant:

Thank you.

Michael Istwan
Director of Admissions

Does anybody know for sure if those dates are also for alternate list?

Thanks.

Why do you want to go to MCW?

Have you ever visited the campus?

Don't base your experience with MCW with what people tell you.

I don't know what version of "friendly" they have at MCW, but it is nothing like the version of friendly from either the South, the Mountain West, or the West Coast.

So, I'd be careful if you REALLY want to go to MCW.

If I have any advice, STAY AWAY FROM MCW.

:horns:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know for sure if those dates are also for alternate list?

Thanks.

I got an email this morning saying that those interviewing Feb 2 would be interviewing to fill the remaining spots and for the alternate list.

wait - so they're almost done interviewing?

I don't know what version of "friendly" they have at MCW, but it is nothing like the version of friendly from either the South, the Mountain West, or the West Coast.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: is this based on spending 4 hours on campus?

wait - so they're almost done interviewing?
not at all, but if you receive an interview invite at this point, it's probably for the waitlist, but that's still a significant chance at getting in.

not at all, but if you receive an interview invite at this point, it's probably for the waitlist, but that's still a significant chance at getting in.

oh man...so if i get one in the near future its probably for the waitlist? unfortunately, i was only complete about a week - 10 days ago

just a quick question. How do you guys compare MCW and creighton? I got in at creighton and got invited for interview at MCW. The thing is I am so broke at this point after flying out to a bunch of interviews; thus, i am debating if it's worth it going to interview at MCW (already scheduled for feburary). please give me some advice.

got an interview in feb... not a great situation, but oh well...

where are you getting your info?

I got an email this morning saying that those interviewing Feb 2 would be interviewing to fill the remaining spots and for the alternate list.
Did you solicit the email?