what time do decisions become available?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Masterus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will it be right when the clock turns midnight?

Members don't see this ad.

Your car turns back into a pumpkin at midnight

Reactions: 13 users
It varies throughout the day. Some schools update at midnight, but most will do it throughout the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will it be right when the clock turns midnight?
I think if you have the "Check back Dec 1" message on the portal then it updates at midnight. If not then you have to wait for the school to call you during the day. Most people I've heard from said it was early morning when they got the call/email

Midnight Eastern timezone?

Reactions: 1 user
Read through last years posts to get an idea of what your schools' decision release behavior is like.

Not all of the schools use the portal. The most universal method is through phone calls.

Applicants from last year learned this the hard way! The AADSAS portal does not update at 12AM (EST/PST, etc.). Midnight, 12/2/13 was very anti-climatic. Your chances of finding out of your acceptance will probably come from a phone call or through email. Some people were notified via email pretty quickly, at around 12AM. I got my first acceptance at 3AM PST through email, so it definitely varies between schools.

Don't know if schools/the AADSAS people will be more proactive this year, but don't be disappointed once the clock strikes 12 and nothing happens!

Applicants from last year learned this the hard way! The AADSAS portal does not update at 12AM (EST/PST, etc.). Midnight, 12/2/13 was very anti-climatic. Your chances of finding out of your acceptance will probably come from a phone call or through email. Some people were notified via email pretty quickly, at around 12AM. I got my first acceptance at 3AM PST through email, so it definitely varies between schools.

Don't know if schools/the AADSAS people will be more proactive this year, but don't be disappointed once the clock strikes 12 and nothing happens!
Well if this isn't the worst thing I've heard all day

Reactions: 3 users
Some of my friends posted a screen shot of their email inboxes with their acceptances on Instagram last cycle :penguin:. I just pulled up one of their pages and it depends on school. Some send out their acceptances on December 2nd and even 3rd. It appears to vary from 12:15AM to 10:00AM.

^ Last year Dec. 1 was a Sunday. That's why most people found out on the 2nd

Reactions: 3 users