What to be doing while waiting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fantasticflossophy

Reaction score
Hi. Was wondering what we are supposed to be doing while waiting for interviews and application decisions? Should we be shadowing to get more experience, volunteering, etc., or just relaxing? I have heard from many to just relax and enjoy the downtime, which I'm doing. But sometimes I wonder if I should actually be doing something...

Members don't see this ad.

I would just enjoy your time, pick up a new hobby or hit the gym if you haven’t. There’s plenty of mental stress with waiting, interviewing and travel that you don’t need anymore added at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user
I would like to enjoy the downtime but it will also increase stress and mental disbalance. When we have nothing to do then having hobbies can be a great way to pass the time and reduce feelings of boredom or restlessness. Some popular hobbies include reading, writing, photography, cooking, and playing sports. Additionally, having a hobby can be a great way to relieve stress and improve mental health. It can also provide an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends who share similar interests.

Reactions: 1 user