What to bring to an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTtexan98

Reaction score
For those that have already attended an interview, what all did you bring? Do I need to bring a copy of my resume? Do I need a bag/portfolio or should I just bring a small purse?

Members don't see this ad.

I just brought a small crossbody purse with my phone, wallet, mints, lipstick/lipgloss and a pen! You could bring a small notebook too if you wanted to take notes during the presentation portion of the interview day. No need to bring a copy of your resume unless the school explicitly asks you to.

Reactions: 1 user
I brought a bag that could fit a portfolio and a small notebook. I had my resume and school-specific essay printed out, which I thought was a little extra but it helped me *feel* prepared to review them beforehand in case they decided to address specific things that I wrote. Same with mcs1225 with the phone, wallet, mints, chapstick, and pen. I also had water, bobby pins, post-it notes, a mini lint roller (lol), and thank you cards to write & deliver afterwards. You don't need much, but it helps to bring whatever makes you feel good.

For those that have already attended an interview, what all did you bring? Do I need to bring a copy of my resume? Do I need a bag/portfolio or should I just bring a small purse?
Nothing unless they asked you to bring something. A pen/pencil/eraser me be handy if they ask you to write a short essay there.