What to bring to Interview

Started by SPS100
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SPS100

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I have an interview soon with for DPT. The school asked for me to bring any paperwork I may have ( references, clinical experience etc) but I waived my right to access those files. What should I being to the interview anyways?

Thank you for any help
 
I had a few interviews and don't recall being asked for any documents. I had a bag with me with resumes but never opened it. They should already have all the important stuff anyway. Remember what you said in your personal statement, as they may ask you questions or reference that. But everything you need is between your ears. Put yourself in your interviewer's shoes. Don't be nervous, just be yourself and try to give them a good idea of who you are in the short amount of time you'll be together. Best of luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I have an interview soon with for DPT. The school asked for me to bring any paperwork I may have ( references, clinical experience etc) but I waived my right to access those files. What should I being to the interview anyways?

Thank you for any help

If they specifically mentioned references, then it may be a good idea to bring a reference page, which is different than a reference letter. It is a page containing names, relationships, and contact information for a few references. It is pretty standard for job interviews; just be sure to ask permission and preferred contact info from your references. I would also recommend a resume, which would contain your clinical experience among other things. You might not need either, but they make a professional presentation.
 
A few hundred dollar bills. Some people used to bring gold. Even though the dollar isn't backed by the gold anymore, carrying a few hundred bills to slip to the interviewer is much more convenient than lumbering around gold bars.
 
A few hundred dollar bills. Some people used to bring gold. Even though the dollar isn't backed by the gold anymore, carrying a few hundred bills to slip to the interviewer is much more convenient than lumbering around gold bars.

A couple chicken nuggets wouldn't hurt either.

But seriously, I would send the school an e-mail or call them and ask what candidates typically bring. That'll answer your question definitively.
 
You shouldn't need to bring anything, unless they ask you for it. Your references and resume should be included in the application already.

Just from my own experience, I would recommend bringing a water bottle and notepad with a pen. Those are optional.
 
You shouldn't need to bring anything, unless they ask you for it. Your references and resume should be included in the application already.

Just from my own experience, I would recommend bringing a water bottle and notepad with a pen. Those are optional.

They shouldbe, but not all interviewers are organized people. I've sat down in job interviews only to realize the interviewer had zero paperwork with them. A few pieces of paper are easy enough to take along, and having them can only help, particularly if there are multiple interviewers and only one copy of your info.
 
You shouldn't need to bring anything, unless they ask you for it. Your references and resume should be included in the application already.

Just from my own experience, I would recommend bringing a water bottle and notepad with a pen. Those are optional.

The OP did state that they wanted him/her to bring paperwork.