What to bring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesTank

Zombie
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just once and for all, I need a list of things to bring to the MCAT...

Can I just bring a driver's license and a few flash cards, or do I need crap like a passport, birth certificate, social security card, etc etc etc.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

When you get your MCAT ticket, they'll include a list of what you should bring with you.

By the way, I wouldn't bring any flashcards. Use the breaks they give you to actually RELAX. On that day you'll know what you know and what you don't know, well, you won't learn in a few minutes.

Ceci n'est pas le MCAT Forum.

Just once and for all, I need a list of things to bring to the MCAT...

Can I just bring a driver's license and a few flash cards, or do I need crap like a passport, birth certificate, social security card, etc etc etc.

Thanks

When you get your MCAT ticket, they'll include a list of what you should bring with you.

By the way, I wouldn't bring any flashcards. Use the breaks they give you to actually RELAX. On that day you'll know what you know and what you don't know, well, you won't learn in a few minutes.

I second this. Check your MCAT ticket.

And for crying out loud, don't dare bring study materials to the MCAT. Don't be one of those tools cramming as they wait in line to enter the classroom. You'll just confuse yourself. And during the lunch break, eat and breathe. The exam is stressful enough. You need down time.

Good luck!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as your driver's license has your picture and your signature that is all you will need. They will supply you with scratch paper, two pencils, and earmuffs that damp the ambient sound. You do not actually need an admissions ticket now (you will not receive one in the mail). And as has already been said, don't bother with the flashcards. Your brain will be fried enough without adding flashcard drills during breaks, and I think you will do better without them. I suggest bringing a soda or some candy to have between breaks (you can store all of that in a locker they give you at check in). Good luck.

By the way, you will not get a lunch break (I took it April 12th and all we got were ten minute breaks between sections). That's why I suggested snacks. Check AAMC's website for guidelines and to confirm that you will not receive a ticket.

You're not allowed to have any study materials at all during the test breaks. If you bust out the flash cards, the testing center could report you to AAMC. Bring some food and your ID, and make sure to get there 30 minutes early. And good luck!

I don't know how things have changed since the test went to computer, but one thing that really helped me was an ipod. I usually get annoyed when people are wearing them everywhere, but its great to drown out the excessive worrying of your fellow test takers while you are waiting beforehand. Instead of agonizing about what I hadn't covered, I rocked out to some awesome bands. It definitely helped me relax and have a positive attitude entering into the test.

Notecards aren't the way to go... but something to get your mind off the previous section and on to the next one can really be helpful-- For instance... a magazine article you've been wanting to read for between physics and verbal. I also had my coffee ready, but that's just me. My lunch was too messy/bulky-- Find something you can snack on quickly if you want food... I ended up just not eating at all.

What is this MCAT ticket? I have gotten nothing of the sorts and my test is in less than two weeks.

They were used in the paper and pencil test but you don't need it anymore. Just bring a govt issued photo ID.

Whew, you guys scared the crap out of me for a second there. I thought that they might have not received my registration information despite it being on the website for the past five months.
:banana:

What is the mcat comprised of
icon5.gif

This is true. I just brought what was needed... my passport and snacks. Hopefully, by game day, you don't need those dang flash cards anyway ;)

I remember, just before going into the testing room, there was an unexpected delay... being the last person to get assigned a computer, I chose, instead of panicking, to quietly review in my mind ever single physics formula I could think of. Remarkably, I don't think I missed a single one! (well... maybe one :rolleyes:) Kinematics, Mechanics, Work, Energy, Momentum, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Circuits, Optics, Atomic an Nuclear phenomena, SHM... etc. It was kind of cool to know that the flash cards were locked in my head, and I was able to summon them at will when necessary... VERY useful during the exam. :)

Good :luck: !

-MSTPbound

You're not allowed to have any study materials at all during the test breaks. If you bust out the flash cards, the testing center could report you to AAMC. Bring some food and your ID, and make sure to get there 30 minutes early. And good luck!