What to chose Pre-Vet or Pre Dent ?

Started by karla
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

karla

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys
I'm currently doing my Pre-Dent,Pre-vet classes in Ct.
I study my undergrad on University of Mexico City.
My firts language is spanish......
I can't decide what to do,everyone tells me that its harder
to get to vet school than dental school
I love animals....I don't have any hrs.working with vets but I
have experience
w/animals.I used to work on a farm in Mexico city. I did that for 4 years
my grades from mexixo city are 3.6
do you think I can get in to a vet school?????
 
If you really want to become a veterinarian, apply! Don't let fear keep you from achieving your dreams. Even if you get rejected, you can apply again the next year.

I would encourage you to shadow a vet first to see what being a vet is really like, though. (Same with dentistry.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure where dental school fits into the picture. Seems kind of random as there is little in common with veterinary medicine and dentistry.
 
toofache32 said:
I'm not sure where dental school fits into the picture. Seems kind of random as there is little in common with veterinary medicine and dentistry.
Actually Veterinary Dentistry is an area veterinarians can go into which has many commonalities with Dentistry (only different patients)..............
Maybe this is the answer for the original poster :0)