What to cut out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm running a little short on time --- 2.5 weeks left (but the last week will be dedicated to questions/First Aid/path). If you had to eliminate one of the following, which would it be?

BRS Behavioral Science
HY Embryo
HY Anatomy

I can't see myself cramming all 3 in --- and this week is already taken up by CMMRS and HY Neuro.

Members don't see this ad.

I think they're all equally expendable and would drop the one you have the most confidence in.

I particularly dislike HY Gross Anatomy but of those 3 subjects I think FA is weakest in that subject. I just don't know of a good compact alternative.

The Embryo in FA is plenty. It is way too low-yield to worry about.

I didn't even schedule any time to study embryo and I did great.

I wouldn't cut out HY embryo just because it is so small (at least the old version I had was), although I'd agree that FA covers pretty much all the embryo you need. HY anatomy didn't really help at all--if you could find time to just glance through some of its pics the days before the test that would probably work.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did HY embryo and really wish I hadn't wasted my time. It's so useless. It pretty much just has pathology in it and doesn't actually tell you how anything forms. FA embryo is is pretty solid.

I agree - I think HY Embryo in FA should be all you need. I think Beh. Science is an easy, high yield topic to review so keep it.

Another vote here for dropping HY Embryology. FA is more than enough and HY Embryo is WAY too detailed and long for the few questions you will get.

Thanks. Embryology it is! I know HY Gross Anatomy (old edition) probably isn't the greatest option, but I need to use something --- and QBank anatomy kicks my butt.