Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

what to do about shelf boards????!!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by mhaddi, Apr 22, 2001.

1. mhaddi

mhaddi Junior Member

Help friends!
    I go to LSU Med New Orleans. We have to
    take shelf board exams in Physio, Neuro, and
    Biochem this semester? Does any one out there know of any practice shelf exams one could get from the USMLE company? Is 1st Aid for the Boards really Gold. I'm using Buzzwords, BRS, and 1st Aid. Hi Yield for Neuro, but is there any gold out there for Biochem? I don't like Lippincot's-using BRS and Hi-Yield for BICH.

------------------
    Monica Haddican

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Djanaba

Djanaba Senior Member

Too bad you don't like Lippincott -- I think the pharm saved my butt for our shelf boards.

The answer depends on why you're taking them. Is it an exercise by your school just to gauge where you are vs. where you need to be, or do you need to pass them for a grade or to continue in school? For us, it's the former, and we just got our results. (I was astonishingly pleased, if that's any help: your grades don't always correlate with that shelf score, especially if you've begun your boards review already.)

If this is something you really need to study for, I'd totally recommend First Aid (since you prolly have very little time left). The High Yield series is good for a lot of subjects, and the format is really different from Lippincott. Plus, they're short and sweet. Good luck!

4. Mikado

Mikado Senior Member

What are "shelf" boards??