What to do before DIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsr52

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good schedule of what they did before DIT since it is only a two work course. If I have 6 weeks two study, im thinking of incorporating TAUS for a few weeks then DIT for 2.

Also does anyone have a copy of a schedule they used for step 1. I would just like to get an idea of how to make a good calendar.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i haven't taken this test yet, but i will be. I can say it depends on what kind of person you are and how you study.

I don't have a schedule but i have seen one and they say there are 15 days and 3 lectures each day. Most students take anywhere from 6-8hours to get through the day.

I know some friends who took the full month with DIT- who did the course twice through. I know other friends who did two days, then a day of review, then two more days. Some bought the First Aid organ systems book and read that.

As for before DIT, if you think TAUS will help, do it! The biggest recommender to me has been doing Quiz Banks. I wouldn't stress too much. I think before DIT i will be personally going through some Pharm since its a weak point for me.

good luck.

I know some friends who took the full month with DIT- who did the course twice through.

Huh, I never thought about running through DIT twice (I'm still on the fence about signing up). Mind sharing your friends' rationale for this (other than it being a way to get through FA twice)? Also, how did they ended up doing? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not going into this on forums.

To the OP, check the DIT website--they have suggested study plans on there. The Taus plan is gold, but there are a few too many resources on there for me. I'm going to start going through BRS Physio/RR Path in a coordinated manner starting this winter with the goal of doing one pass though each before our dedicated study period starts. Oh, and FA and UW will be along for the ride too. These are the only 4 resources I'll hopefully use (with RR/FA/UW being the main focus). My only remaining question is if I'll use DIT to attack FA...the jury is still out on that.

Thanks guys.

I was also wondering if anyone had a good schedule in a calendar so other people could use to play around with and create a study schedule.

The hardest part for me is sitting down day 1 and saying. "Crap where do I start"

Check the schedule that DIT offers here. You can apply it to your own calendar. I provided you with a link to the 6-week schedule, but they have several plans.