what to do if it doesn't go your way

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MrDoAnything

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I've been a member ever since I submitted my apps for this year's cycle and I know that there are a couple of you all who have already been through it once. I was wondering if (god forbid):scared: I don't get accepted do you all know of any good Animal Science/Vet Medicine graduate programs that you would recommend to someone else to enter into until the next application cycle? Let me know thanks.
 
It depends on where you are located. I wouldn't move and start all over in a grad program just because you think you should. See what your college offers and go from there. At least that is what I think.

And don't worry if things don't go your way. I am a 'things happen for a reason' person. Some of my best friends were rejected from vet school and if they weren't then we wouldn't be friends and life would be very different. So I know it will suck if you don't get in this year, but there's a plan out there just for you 😉
 
This is application cycle #2 for me. I'm planning on going to a grad school where a vet school is located and starting an MPH program. I am interested in public health and I figure if I get into a program at a vet school I can get my food in the door. This is my personal plan. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I would personally advise going to a graduate program at a school with a vet school. You may be able to get a job in a lab at the vet school or something and start networking. Just a thought 🙂

Good luck! I hope you get in this year!!!!!!!:xf:
 
Drexel has the one-year VMS program designed to help you get into vet school. They also have a two years MLAS (lab animal science) program that is also heavily vet-science-based.